Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Panels

Well, it's been a while since I added anything to this blog -- you can probably guess why! That's not to say that I haven't been working on the crib, bit by bit. Now I want to get you caught up on where I am...

The next step was to make the maple panels for the sides. In the previous entry I had resawn a large board into thinner and smaller boards. Next I edge-glued groups of boards together to form the four panels I need -- two for each side. The clamping set-up for gluing a panel is fairly elaborate: I have pipe clamps holding the boards together, and the clamping cauls holding the boards flat and aligned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aluminium composite panel and alupanel are flat panels that is composed of a PE core bonded between two aluminum sheets. As their names suggest, these aluminium composite panels are produced in patterns that imitate wood and granite. They have superior fire proof property long life and exceptional surface flatness. For more info go to my site.